A few days back, we announced Gridle integration with Github and after that, we started receiving multiple requests from our users who were using Atlassian software suite including Bitbucket [as their git client/ version control system/ manage their codebase] for their integration. While it was already planned on the roadmap, we preponed it considering the volume of requests! So, here it is:
If you are one of those teams using Gridle, that is into development and collaborating on your code using Bitbucket, you would fall in love with what we have introduced on Gridle, just for teams like yours.
Recently, we have enabled users on Gridle to integrate their Bitbucket repositories with their project, thereby letting the team know about what is going on in their Bitbucket repo. from Gridle itself (such as New Commits Pushed etc).
Here’s the guide:
To set up Bitbucket Integration on Gridle, just follow these Steps:
- On your Desk, Click on your Workspace Name on the top left corner and click on Manage Workspace. Then, click on Integrations on the Left Navigation Bar. You will come on a screen that loosely looks like this →
Click on the Configure button Next to Bitbucket, the following Window would open:
Select a Project, and then Copy the URL generated below and Click on the Configure Integration Button.
Head to Bitbucket, and in your account, go to the repository that you’d like to get updates about on Gridle. Click on the Bitbucket Settings tab.
- Click on the Webhooks Tab on the left navigation bar.
- Click on the Add webhook button.
7. Under the** URL**, paste the link that you generated on Gridle, under Bitbucket Configuration. Under the triggers section, select Repository push (Currently only the Push events are supported). Press the Save button when done.
- Done! Bitbucket has been configured, and whenever you or any of your team members perform an activity on the selected Bitbucket repository, Alfred, your personal assistant/butler within Gridle, will send out a message in the Project that it has been integrated with, containing details and a link for quick view as you can see below.
Awesome, ain’t it?
Have a great time coding cool stuff! Also, if you are looking for a different integration, tell us about it on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll build it within 7 days straight. Start to finish.
Until next time.